Apex Health Services
Apex Health Services
Technical Logistics: Providing Essential Services For The Digital World
Illinoisnewstoday.com | 08/09/2021
The world is changing very quickly and as we move into a new digital dimension with the arrival of 5G and the Internet of Things, there is a new generation of digital devices and gadgets. Hi-tech equipment is most certainly not ‘plug and play’, indeed specialised white glove technicians are required to transport, install and set up highly technical equipment.
White Glove Logistics
This is a booming sector that services a wide range of business sectors, which include the following:
- Banking & finance
- Healthcare-medical equipment
- IT hardware
The white glove technicians tend to specialise in specific types of equipment, attending workshops to obtain the essential certification they must have in order to handle the equipment. One team might work on ATMs, while another focuses on access control systems that are found at sports arenas and train stations. As you would expect, the white glove logistics company would have many teams of technicians, each certified to work on certain equipment, largely on a contract basis.
Specialised Logistics Services
There is a wide range of technical logistics services available, including the following:
- Final mile delivery – The equipment is delivered to the logistics team at a nearby location and the white glove team takes over.
- Full technical installation – Large and complex machines require full technical installation, a service offered by the white glove logistics sector. MRI and CAT scanners fall into this category and large generators can present a real challenge.
- Demo logistics – When items of technical equipment are set up for demonstration purposes, there are demo logistics from Rhenus Hightech, a leading UK white glove logistics provider with all the solutions.
- Reverse logistics – This is required when a piece of equipment needs to be returned to the manufacturer; either end-of-life or serious repairs. This might also involve installing a replacement item, something the white glove provider handles.
- ATM – Installation & maintenance – The major banks contract white glove teams to install and maintain their ATMs and other technical equipment.
- Fitness equipment – The state-of-the-art fitness equipment you find in the local gym has been installed by white glove logistics. This type of equipment is managed by computer networks and each item must be calibrated and connected to the network.
We are already seeing huge digital advertising screens and touch-screen technology is moving into the High Street and the technical logistics sector will continue to provide essential services to a wide range of industries. As the equipment becomes more advanced, the white glove technicians learn in order to be able to work with the equipment.
The Internet of Things & 5G
The Internet of Things (IoT) will be powered by 5G, with 10x data transfer speeds and every single digital device on the planet will be connected and the entire system is managed by AI. This will transform the way we live and will improve every aspect of society and with a white glove sector handling the logistics, the digital world will be an exciting place to live.